Who is eligible for this program?
- Equipment owners servicing the Port of Baltimore.
How much funding is available?
- 40% of the cost to purchase and install idle reduction technologies.
What kind of equipment can be purchased?
- Must be on the EPA or CARB verified idle reduction technology list for locomotives.
What is the purpose of this program?
- The purpose of this program is to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gases associated with the transport of goods to and from the Port of Baltimore.
Can I apply for funding for more than one piece of equipment?
- Yes. Each locomotive must meet the eligibility requirements.
- If you need space for additional locomotives on your application, attach
additional sheets of paper. Write the owner’s name on each sheet and attach to the application.
What are the eligibility requirements for the equipment?
- Meets a usage rate of 1000 hours per year or more.
- Tier 0 or Unregulated locomotive tier.
- Applicants must complete an application and provide copies of documentation (including certification of usage rate, proposed costs and model information for idle reduction technology).
What is included in a complete application package?
- A signed and completed application to the Port of Baltimore.
- A copy of proposed quote for idle reduction technology.
- Pictures of your equipment before idle reduction technology
- Documentation of usage and tier rating.
When should I buy my new equipment?
- Program staff will contact you after you are accepted into the program. At this time, you will receive an acceptance packet with instructions for how to proceed with the purchase and installation of your idle reduction equipment.
- Do NOT purchase new equipment prior to program approval or you risk making your equipment ineligible for the program.
How can I get an application?
- Go to the application page to apply online or click here to download an application.
- Call the program hotline at 410.205.2730 to request an application.
How can I get more information application?
- For questions, please call the program hotline at 410.205.2730.